That's what I feel like
The words in my head
Am I real?
Are you real?
I'm hungry
But my stomach hurts
So I don't want to eat
You say you understand
But do you?
Do you really understand?
No I don't think you do
Because you don't feel what I feel
I feel it all the time
I'm worthless
And I know it
I'm an OK person
But I don't feel OK
Right now
Anyway
Is the same blue in the sky the same blue everyone sees?
Our bodies are made the same
But we are all different
Why?
They teach us
We are all different
All unique
But society wants us to be the same
Same clothes
Same emotions
But what I feel
What I feel I know is different
It doesn't match
It isn't right
What I do
Isn't OK
But only because it's different
Girls pierce their skin and tattoo themselves
But its ok because what they are doing is beautiful
It's art
But when I cut
That's wrong
Because I am doing the exact opposite
Of what society wants
Society wants beautiful people
And I'm not beautiful
I am in fact making myself ugly
And society doesn't like that so its labeled as wrong
What's wrong with keeping your head in the clouds?
And your feet on the ground?
What's wrong with having one shoe off to feel the ground and the other on to protect it
What's wrong with a little of both worlds
I'm different
Is that wrong?
No comments:
Post a Comment