Friday, October 25, 2013

Lies

White lies
Ones that don't hurt
What's the opposite of that?
Black lies?

But who do they hurt?
Do black lies hurt me?
Or do they hurt you?
I think they hurt both

Black
Black like a bruise
Or black like storm clouds 
Black represents bad things

White
White like pale skin
Or white like cloud watching clouds
White represents good things

But then why are white lies called white lies
If white is pure
But a lie isn't
Is it meant to say 
That the person who is saying a white lie is doing it for a good reason
Is lying good?

Black lies hurt
Like an ever darkening sky
The lie fills my heart
It fills my soul

It fills my mind
With what though?
With trying to make sure no one figures out my lie
If they do

If they do
I'd be filled with relief
But also dread
What would they do once they figured out I lied?
Action would be taken

But maybe I just don't want to talk about this anymore
What they think is bad for me
Well I don't care
If I have to lie I will
I would be empty without it
I don't know who I would be

But I feel guilty
Guilty for lying
I don't want to tell anyone 
Because they would be disappointed
Everyone is happy with the prospect of me being better
At me stopping my dangerous habit

Well I didn't stop
I just lied to everyone
A black lie
One that fills my heart with dread
With black clouds
And it hurts


No comments:

Post a Comment