Swollen lymph nodes
Swollen was her pride
Swollen, it screwed me over
It hurt to eat
It hurt to swallow
It hurt to talk
They were big
They were huge
They were a warning sign
Like a red light telling you to stop
Like brain storming is for you to think
Like when something is wrong you go to the doctor
No, she said she was a nurse
No, because it was nothing
No, it was from me cheating on my diet
She was wrong
She said it was nothing
She screwed me over
A couple months later I was diagnosed
ALL
A kind of cancer
I never really blamed her
I didn't think it was her fault
I have to say now though
It was her fault for me being so sick
I had to be in the ICU for them to figure it out
I had cancer instead of pneumonia
If she had thrown away her pride
If she had taken me to the doctor like a normal person
If she had, the fight would've been a whole lot easier
But she didn't
No comments:
Post a Comment